Should You Disinfect A House After COVID Exposure?
Coronavirus is considered to be the major problem of different countries nowadays. It doesn’t only endanger the lives of the people but it also has a great impact to their economy. Knowing that coronavirus can easily spread and infect people, thorough cleaning is required to protect yourself from covid-19. However, when it comes to cleaning, mopping the floor or vacuuming is not enough. With the fact that a virus is involved, disinfecting should be done from time to time.
Proper Way of Disinfecting a House
If ever that one of your family members has been infected with coronavirus, immediate disinfection is required. This is to prevent other members to get infected as well as the people around. For residential disinfecting, the first thing that you should do is to clean the room of the patient as well as the things he had used. After cleaning the visible surfaces, you have to apply a disinfectant solution to kill the virus.
Cleaning and disinfecting are not the same thing. A residential with a covid-19 patient needs registered and effective disinfectant solution. It is also advisable that you close the room of the infected person for a week after the disinfection until the virus becomes inactive. Listed below are some tips that you can follow for residential disinfecting.
– Cleaning products are not created equal. You have to go for a disinfectant that is effective and easy to use. Remember that you should read the label first to know how you can use the disinfectant solution properly.
– You have to be aware how long you should allow the disinfectant to stay in the surface. Viruses require a certain period of time for them to get destroyed.
– If you will do the disinfection yourself, make sure that you wear personal protective gear such as gloves, face mask, etc.
– Rubbing the surface also makes it easier for you to get rid of the pathogens because of the friction.
– After using the disinfectant solution, make sure that you store it out of children’s reach. Ingesting such products accidentally can put the life of your child at risk.
Being exposed to coronavirus also means that you have to make actions right away before you get infected. Remember that you cannot see the virus and the best way for you to protect yourself is through regular cleaning and of course, disinfection. Different factors can speed up the spread of the virus which means you have to move right away and do disinfecting is someone in your house gets infected with the disease.